Question / Help IP config

BigRobYT

ok so this might already be a thing I am not sure.
I use OBS on my mac and it does all my recording for utube,
I have recently got a pc for gaming and tried to caputre the game window via my elgato or black magic the same as you would an xbox, but I am not having much luck.

is there a way to run an obs session on the pc and link to the mac, via my network, and have it capture that to one place on the mac ?

or am I better to record all I need on the mac and then just the game and game audio on the pc and link the two in final cut.

hope this makes sense.

Narcogen

The Elgato doesn't work with OBS on the Mac because Elgato provides no standard video driver, only their own software. You can use window or display capture on that, but there will be lag.

In order to use OBS to stream from the PC to the Mac, you'd either need to stream to an online service (twitch, youtube, beam, or other) and then capture that stream on the PC, or else set up your own streaming server like Red5 and then set the PC to use that. Either of those could be done with browser source, but you will be introducing some lag either way.

Blackmagic devices in particular only support particular framesizes and refresh rate. If you set your PC to a known supported framesize and rate, say 720p60, does the Blackmagic not pick up that signal, even if its own software?

BigRobYT

The Elgato doesn't work with OBS on the Mac because Elgato provides no standard video driver, only their own software. You can use window or display capture on that, but there will be lag.

In order to use OBS to stream from the PC to the Mac, you'd either need to stream to an online service (twitch, youtube, beam, or other) and then capture that stream on the PC, or else set up your own streaming server like Red5 and then set the PC to use that. Either of those could be done with browser source, but you will be introducing some lag either way.

Blackmagic devices in particular only support particular framesizes and refresh rate. If you set your PC to a known supported framesize and rate, say 720p60, does the Blackmagic not pick up that signal, even if its own software?

the Black magic don't work no matter how I match the source :(
the Elgato works if I use their software but then use OBS to capture the preview screen, but then I have the problem on the PC I can only send the audio to the hdmi or to the audio out, but not both, so either I get the audio or the stream/video get it lol but not both
I am thinking for streaming I might have to use the elgato software :(
and for recording I will have to record on the Mac and PC and combine them in editing.