Intermittent sound issues with local media source

hihello

The problem I’m having: in my scenes with a local media source, the sound intermittently stops working (for no reason I can determine). However, it appears to still be playing (the mixer bars are still active), but I am unable to hear the sound at all. When it’s working properly, I can switch between my computer speakers, headphones, and my streaming audio profile (iShowU + headphones) and hear the media play perfectly on each.

Sometimes quitting OBS and relaunching it fixes the problem, sometimes I need to restart my computer, and other times nothing seems to fix it, and I just...wait, and it starts working again later, eventually, without any changes being made. I have absolutely no idea what’s happening, and I'm pulling my hair out.

Everything else sound related still appears to be working, as far as I’ve determined it is only the media sources that are having these issues.

Anyone have any ideas?

(I don't have a log file with this issue, but I'll make sure to capture it next time it happens, which I'm sure will be any minute now.)