Intermittent Audio Dropouts

BK_

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/kQJR0wdWnvES-FGE

Hello -- I'm trying to simply record footage of myself playing guitar along with music. I'm getting random, short audio stutters every few seconds, almost as if the audio is clipping. My sources are simply a camera, Desktop Audio (Spotify) and a USB guitar audio interface (Line 6 HX Stomp).

I've tried different audio interfaces and recording to different drives and consistently get the issue. If I record in XSplit or Camtasia, I get good audio -- so I'm pretty sure the issue lies within OBS.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Reshkiy

This sounds like the exact problem I'm having too. Do you mind checking my post if it sounds anything like the samples I put up?

Really hope we both find a fix to this soon. Also how are you liking the HX Stomp? I ended up with the Headrush Gigboard because it's what's readily available in my country. I love it, but the HX Stomp was my first choice. :)

BK_

This sounds like the exact problem I'm having too. Do you mind checking my post if it sounds anything like the samples I put up?

Yes, without hearing your audio recording, it definitely sounds like the same issue. I'm reasonably certain that the issue lies with OBS as well, because it is only happening when I record in OBS, not when I record in Camtasia, XSplit or Reaper.

Also how are you liking the HX Stomp?

For quiet at-home demoing and jamming, it's pretty solid!

Reshkiy

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/kQJR0wdWnvES-FGE

Hello -- I'm trying to simply record footage of myself playing guitar along with music. I'm getting random, short audio stutters every few seconds, almost as if the audio is clipping. My sources are simply a camera, Desktop Audio (Spotify) and a USB guitar audio interface (Line 6 HX Stomp).

I've tried different audio interfaces and recording to different drives and consistently get the issue. If I record in XSplit or Camtasia, I get good audio -- so I'm pretty sure the issue lies within OBS.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Found a workaround to allow the ZEDi-8 to play nice with OBS. I had to use VoiceMeeter.

So the chain now is ZEDi-8 -> VoiceMeeter -> OBS

Everything seems to be working fine now. No more intermittent audio dropouts this way, and I can also use ASIO through VoiceMeeter which should provide the best latency for general audio consumption and recording.

I hope this helps anyone running into the same issues as I did.