Intel 10710U using 100% of cpu when running OBS

FSPC

So, I have a mini pc that has a 10th gen intel i7 10710U, and when i run OBS studio, its uses 100% of the cpu most of the time. I stream to restream.io, and i also drop about 10% of my frames when streaming. I stream 1080p@60fps. I stream and record at the same time, and it shouldn’t use that much CPU, should it? There’s 6 cores in the cpu, but they are all maxed out most of the time. At the least it’ll be at around 88% when not much movement is happening. Can anyone help?

qhobbes

qhobbes

1. The version of Windows you are running (1909) has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games and OBS) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates (59 (possibly 59.94) and 60) , so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update. You should also update, if available via Windows Update, per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
2. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Speakers (DisplayLink Audio): 48000 Hz
Microphone (USB Audio CODEC ): 44100 Hz
3. Run OBS as admin
4. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as admin.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.