Install Obs On server

io75

Hi, is it possible to install obs on a linux server or windows server and use it from the server? make a video direction with streams from external econder in rtmp, insert banner, logo, ticker, picture in picture etc .. etc .. all working on the server?
thank you

diozqwin

I hope so, I aim to do something similar. I have OBS on 4 computers, I want to use NDI to combine them into a canvas locally, then send that canvas to an OBS server that has enough power to encode it. If you find a way links would be appreciated

muratonder65

I have no idea what I'm doing nor do I know if this answers your question. I was able to install Ubuntu Desktop on my server and install OBS on that. But since my server doesn't have a graphics card, navigating the GUI was brutally slow. I ditched that mission. I don't have Ubuntu desktop anymore. I use Cyber Panel. I just ran the below command below on my server and didn't seem to break anything. But I don't know if it did anything either since I wouldn't know what to do next.

sudo apt install obs-studio

kabiesi

Hi, is it possible to install obs on a linux server or windows server and use it from the server? make a video direction with streams from external econder in rtmp, insert banner, logo, ticker, picture in picture etc .. etc .. all working on the server?
thank you
Hello, this is very possible, i once had a project, which was to run a live youtube/facebook channel from cloud, i did it for some months smoothly, i installed obs on a window cloud server and ran it successfully.
I know quite number of folks that run vmix from cloud too