Question / Help Install OBS on linux server (aws)

michael21380

Hello sorry i m french my english is bad.

I have trying to stream with friend,

I want launch obs on ubuntu-server but no start with no gpu ....

error: ARB GLX create context not supported! error: Failed to create context! error: device_create (GL) failed

i have nginx et rtmp install and work. I want launch obs on ubuntu and my friend and me launch Obs on windows for play game.

tank you

michael21380

[QUOTE = "Sapiens, poste: 275518, membre: 4424"] OBS pour Linux nécessite un GPU qui prend en charge OpenGL 3.2 + [/ QUOTE de]

Ok

how to config : 1 server and 2 streaming client in one channel ?

i have try Obs install on windows server but no say how to put connection obs > obs my cpu dont have url

buri

Is there any chance how to install OpenGL 3.2+ like through "software way"? You know.. that OpenGL 3.2+ will be encoded by software on CPU. Is there any chance how to do it? I tried to do it, but I failed. :)
I wanted to buy VPS with good CPU where will be added some additional things to main screen but it will be nonstop solution on VPS. But, servers doesn't have GPUs. (they have, but at least with 8 MB memory :])

buri

You can't connect OBS to OBS. You need RTMP server (like nginx and others). Primary OBS (streaming) will be stream video to that, and clients can use that RTMP stream to receive it.

michael21380

welcome,

Ok no possible,
but i need split my stream for 2 camera, and 1 game ?
I have linux server (aws).

I think i need install OBS on linux for manage my stream.

are you an idea ?

NoSFeRaTU

Is there any chance how to install OpenGL 3.2+ like through "software way"? You know.. that OpenGL 3.2+ will be encoded by software on CPU. Is there any chance how to do it? I tried to do it, but I failed. :)
I wanted to buy VPS with good CPU where will be added some additional things to main screen but it will be nonstop solution on VPS. But, servers doesn't have GPUs. (they have, but at least with 8 MB memory :])
I experimented a bit with OSMesa's and EGL's offscreen renderings in the past. It worked, but the cpu usage had been extremely high even with llvm-pipe rasterizer.

Jamess

Hi Michael,

can you tell me what ec2 instance and OS you are running? was there any special way to compile/install OBS studio or the OS?

thanks

James