install advanced scene switcher?

babag1

this is driving me crazy so please bear with me. i've gotten myself very frustrated. obviously, total n00b. sorry.

running obs 27.2.4 on ubuntu studio 20.04.
wanted to install the 'advanced-scene-switcher' plugin to set up timer macros.
downloaded the current version and extracted it.
can't find anything anywhere that says what to do with the extracted folders.
there's an 'advanced-scene-switcher' folder with a number of sub folders.
where do i put any of these?

the obs installation does come with an 'automatic scene switcher' tool and the window does look vaguely similar to the 'advanced-scene-switcher' plugin but there are no tabs at the top and no info that i can find about a version number.

i have gotten recordings to work and have been able to choose displays and codecs and what not. no idea how to get this plugin installed, though.

fwiw, i installed obs via 'sudo apt install' after setting up the repository, not via snap or flatpak.

thanks for any guidance,
babag1

babag1

found a solution. developer of 'advanced scene switcher' got back to a posting i made on github regarding this. i couldn't find this simple little tidbit anywhere in the obs site or forum so i'll put it here.

being completely new to obs, there is no 'plugins' folder in my 'home/user/.config/obs-studio' folder. one has to create it and place the extracted 'advanced-scene-switcher' folder into it.

there really should be a sticky about 'how to install plugins' for n00bs like me that explains this point.

thanks,
babag1