Question / Help Include an online Source in your Stream

JackBrew

Hi Folks,

I was browsing this forum a bit but couldn't come up with a thread that adresses my problem exactly.

Short version of my question: Can I include another video signal in my stream that gets sent to me via internet?

Long version with more details: I want to do a video together with a friend of mine. Since we both live in different cities and travelling is quite problematic right now (Corona, you know) I want to use Chroma Keying to make the video look like we are in the same room. One Background picture, me (with green screen) and he (with green screen).
So question is how to get his signal to my OBS so that I can combine us both in one video. Is Skype really an option (or will it work anyways for my idea)? Are there any better ideas?

Thanks for help!
Best
Jack

carlmmii

I believe you can now capture skype using window capture. Windows app capture is a feature new to OBS 25.

And yes, as long as the video quality is good enough, chroma should work decently enough.

The one problem you may run into though is being able to use your own webcam in both OBS and skype. For this, there's a plugin called OBS-VirtualCam.