Question / Help image slideshow transition manually without scene transition

Hi there..I am brand new to the software, and honestly have no cooking clue what the hell I am doing... To give some background, I need to make a video where a slideshow plays and webcam show me explaining the slides. I have struggled forever, only to realise that Powerpoint cannot be inserted. I have now inserted the slides as image slideshows. My final GIGANTIC issue is that I want to move the slide on to the next one manually, so therefore not choose how long it reflects on the screen, but when I am done speaking about a specific slide / image, move it on manually. It is a multiple slide / image presentation currently 114 slides. I cannot predict how long I want to speak on each image, therefore cannot use the scene transition duration?? I really hope someone can assist me? I honestly have no cooking clue what I am doing...

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    242.9 KB · Views: 1,060
Thank you so very much,,as you can probably gather from my type of questions, I am really not good with this, I have downloaded V20.0 , as advised by you, but do not understand how to exactly assign it to Settings>Hotkeys, per source) (I did follow the link you posted, but I don't have a clue what to do... I would be greatly appreciative if you can explain it to me in a way that can make sense to someone like me with no experience?

Suslik V

1. Add Image Slide Show source to scene.
  2. Open main menu File>Settings.
  3. Navigate to Hotkeys.
  4. Find in the list of sources (skip scenes with "hide/show" definitions - just scroll down) find your source that were added at step #1 (default name is Image Slide Show).
  5. You'll see 5 custom keys (all empty fields):
    • Play/Pause
    • Restart
    • Stop
    • Next Slide
    • Previous Slide

ChanceD11

also struggling to make hotkeys work. Found the location to add hotkeys, and tried several different key combinations. Has anybody else got this working?

steve cruz

I've encountered this as well. My fix has been to highlight the slideshow in the Source Window, and then the hotkeys seem to work.

Accularian

I have struggled with OBS not responding to my forward or back hotkeys when using image slide show. I have found that sometimes I need to restart OBS and sometimes clicking outside the scene and back in, selecting and deselecting a different source. Typically, if everything is working at launch then it works throughout the show.

robin_pens

I've been having a lot of trouble with slideshows on Mac for a while. Here's a thread that was started back in 2018, which some members including myself have recently posted in:

RichieTee

Even adding the shortcut keys to the settings, I can't get through the slides. Does anyone have any idea how I can solve it?

On the Image Slide Show source, did you set "Slide Mode" to manual(use hotkeys)?
This is the only way the hotkeys will work, also, something I found out, you need to be on the scene for the hotkeys to work.
I use Liorianboard as my streaming deck.

1614706414235.png