Image Slideshow but faster.

Manofchalk

What I want
The title is pretty much it. The Image Slideshow that comes with OBS doesnt allow an FPS higher than 1.

Why
I make a lot of transition videos, ~2s video clips that wipe from one scene to another, that I distribute to others. These often rely on transparency, as smash cutting to video is hardly better than just changing the overlay undisguised. However transparent video in OBS is a pain when you have to distribute these transitions online, I have pursued solutions like differing codecs and Chroma Keying, it cant reasonably be done.

Given the above, rendering a .PNG sequence and playing it though Image Slideshow at a speed of 1 frame per 0.033s (30FPS) seems like an easy solution. Apparently not, I'm no developer but I think the reason why is simply because the input box doesn't allow anything other than numbers to be input, so you cant put in decimal places.

If that is so, instructions on how to subvert the input control, or if its more complex some kind of custom plugin, would be greatly appreciated.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
If you want 30 FPS then you should really be using a video. The VLC source plugin or OBS MP's media source should work fine with alpha transparent videos.

Manofchalk

Like I said, I have pursued those options.

Near uncompressed footage (like QuickTime Animation or raw AVI) works in the VLC Source plugin, but I say uncompressed for a reason, were talking a 2s video that's 500MB in size. The one codec that does support Alpha at a reasonable size is the FLV On2 VP6 codec, which crashes OBS if you try to play it as VLC only supports the older Sorenson Spark codec.

Chroma Keying could be an option, but it isn't supported in the Video plugin.

Other solutions exist, but are too finicky considering I am distributing this too multiple people and organizations.

Last edited: