Question / Help Image Slide Show only Looping some images.

Super Spark

Hi there,

I want to have an image slide show of my artwork play when the stream is on break or I'm setting up. I set up scenes for this and they work. However, the Image Slide Show will always only cover a small handful of images and loop between them. I have no idea why.
At first, I just uploaded about 20 images directly and it kept looping through 6 or 7 of them. Then I hooked it up to read images from a folder directory and it does basically the same thing with about 10 images. I looked up some solutions on this forum and elsewhere to find this seems to be a common problem, but nothing I found fixed my issue.

So far, I've tried down-rezing and converting all images through Lightroom to be lower quality JPEGS that never exceed 2000px on the long side, numbering all the images(1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc), resetting OBS, deleting and redoing the Image Slide Show source, and checking the logs. Nothing worked. Logs I did find didn't mention any loading errors. I know there is a 250MB size limit to how many pictures can be loaded, but the entire folder of 80 images is only 38MB. I've uploaded and included my log link for someone to look over if need be: https://obsproject.com/logs/x-PFSO_K4rdBAPqe

What is going on? Why is this happening and is there a way to fix it?

System Info
System: Mac OS Mojave Ver 10.14.6
OBS Ver: 24.0.6

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The 250 MB limit is based on uncompressed data (width x height x 4), as the slideshow would cause stuttering if it had to decode each image before displaying it. There are plans to move this to a pre-loader thread but this is not implemented.

Super Spark

The 250 MB limit is based on uncompressed data (width x height x 4), as the slideshow would cause stuttering if it had to decode each image before displaying it. There are plans to move this to a pre-loader thread but this is not implemented.
Okay, but as I explained, I know about the 250MB Limit and have read similar statements. File size should not really be the issue here.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
It is not about file size, you could have a single 16384 x 16384 empty white PNG that consumes 1 KB of disk space but would exceed the 250 MB memory limit.

Gilles

Hi,

If I can interfere, I got the same problem.

Tried to rename the files from 00 to XX and it seems to work !

Good luck !

Jafala

R1CH - how exactly does one reduce the "uncompressed data (width x height x 4)"? Many of my photos are around this size (see attached), and the slide shows just circles around the top 3. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 10.23.07 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 10.23.07 AM.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 73