Image problem creating stinger transition for OBS using Virtualdub

AlexakaAJ

So I am trying to avoid spending money on software to create a stinger transition for OBS.

I have a really simple open source animation program, called TupiTube, which is more than sufficient for building the actual animation, but of course the difficulty lies in the export, as it does not output/export 32bit AVI files (with an Alpha channel), probably only the lower colour bit profile AVI's, with no alpha channels. It does however have the option to output the animation as separate images for each frame and allows PNG format with the transparency in them.

Next step, Virtualdub:

Virtualdub, possibly one of the more comprehensive open source AVI management programs, will automatically put a folder of PNGs in to program as a video and allow the user to export that image sequence as any type of AVI file you like, including RGB 32bit AVIs with a dummy alpha channel (assuming 'dummy' is just the same as an ordinary alpha channel). The export to AVI seems to work perfectly, as the end result is a rather massive (100 Mb for 1sec 720p 30fps) video that seemingly plays back perfectly in the Windows 10 video player.

However, when you input it as a Stinger transition, the alpha channel is invisible and working in that respect but the part of the video that is not transparent shows vertical lines running down the image which are transparent when they shouldn't be.

MY QUESTION:
Has anyone tried this (using Virtualdub) and/or can anyone tell me why this might be happening?

Specs:
Latest Windows 10
Latest OBS
Latest Virtualdub