Image as font source

zutgorak

I got this idea in my head to make text even spiffier in OBS, but to be bluntly honest, I would not know how to accomplish it codewise
as I am coming at this from the designers perspective.

Bear with me here, because I am not entirely sure how to explain this, but I will try to the best of my ability.

If someone could device a way to use a transparent png file as a source for text, you should fairly easily be able to really make text
effects pop. Say if you make an square png, made a grid in it, say a 1000x1000 px imager, with a grid of 100x100 squares,
each square containing a letter that you tricked out using all your nifty photoshop/gimp/whatever tricks on, be it bevel
texture, glow, or anything really and have the plugin know the grid, corresponding the letter typed, with the coordinates
of the grid, or simply slice up the grid in 100x100px individual images, 1 for each corresponding letter or number, ie A.png or a.png
sorted into a folder, not sure wich would be easiest from a programmers standpoint, but im fairly sure either would work
quite well for the designer.

Another thing that would have to be in there, would be a way to overlap the grids, as all fonts are not the same size
and if you make it so that you can adjust the overlap to make the text look more "ordered" I think a designer
could make really eyepopping things with the text elements alone.

I am imagining this as a plugin, as to not clutter up OBS own text interface wich do work rather well even
if I crave more for myself.

zutgorak

I see 2 other options for this working that I missed out on. The first is a fairly simple one. Add a "texture overlay" to the text functionality in obs. Stupid of me to miss that. and the second one borrowing from webkits "background-clip" property and "mask-image" css properties