I'm a noob but...

bigmister

Hi
I use to do a bit of programming a very long time ago (visual basic & delphi).
I want to have a bit of a play with the visual side of it. (and put some thoughts out there mainly)
Where do I start with editing it I have downloaded the code but it doesnt look familiar.
What app/program can I use to get going?
Is there a guide to start out?
Many thanks in advance

Darren

Fenrir

Forum Admin
I really don't mean to sound rude by this, but if that post is confusing, I don't think OBS development is for you. I would recommend you start with something a bit simpler. OBS is an incredibly complex piece of software.

bigmister

I really don't mean to sound rude by this, but if that post is confusing, I don't think OBS development is for you. I would recommend you start with something a bit simpler. OBS is an incredibly complex piece of software.

All I want to do with change the visual like I said in the original post.

My background is more visual than just pure hardcore coding. ( I can write and understand code and yes I maybe a bit slow but I can work it out)

Ive seen the Visual Studio bit and downloaded that way.

Thanks

Darren

Marcedo

OpenSource means the freedom for everyone to participate in a manner that person could.
So at first -thank you for been interested in investing time into trying to make Obs better.

If your roots are in script like langs - then you might wat to consider to have fun using the OBS included support for Python or lua stuff. Most you might want from the Gui can be scripted there. See the Ressources section and already written Scripte for more information.

Later you might want to choose to dive a bit deeper- OBS uses QT - a relative simple to learn (but bloated) gui Api.

cheers ;Marcedo.