im a newby to obs! help...

offnil

guess i should prolly start with term/definitions if anyone has a link to them!?, i do use unbuntu/linux, trying to use 20 photos and maybe short video recording in middle! trying to make a video! source and scene just got me confused!? yrs ago i made some videos using windows movie maker! i dont remember anything being complicated about it and am pretty proud of them videos i put together!?!?

AaronD

Like Tuna said, OBS is effectively a live TV studio, with heavy emphasis on the *live* part. It's possible to make a video that way - have everything set up as if you were going to broadcast it, produce it in real-time as if you were broadcasting, and simply record it instead of actually broadcasting - we call that "live to tape" - but you're probably better off with a non-live video editor.

For a really good, entirely-free one, you might look at this:
Unlike some other popular free ones, this is not a limited consumer version to try and get you to buy the paid version eventually. It's open-source and entirely free, always. Easy to start with, and a TON to grow into!