if i use headphones, the recorded audio gets chopped

brurjdj

hi. the log file is here: https://obsproject.com/logs/WNq7DMu09WUyjVlp

basically, if i record with headphones plugged the audio gets abruptly cut at points.

the audio output capture is set to HP 24x (2- NVIDIA High Definition Audio). but if i change the output to my headphones it gets incredibly saturated like a 80's show.

in control panel > sound > manage audio devices every device is set to 48k sample rate, and so is the OBS sample rate.

additionally, when i record with unplugged headphones there is no chopiness at all and audio is super consisntent.

what can i do? thanks in advance.

silentsands

Hi,
15:49:29.718: Running as administrator: false
15:49:30.264: D3D11 GPU priority setup failed (not admin?)
15:49:31.290: [WASAPISource::WASAPISource] Device '{0.0.1.00000000}.{b8efce35-1880-4bc9-ba06-10fea69ce546}' not found. Waiting for device

Also it looks like there is no "GameMode On"

You might want to and should activate the GameMode in windows also start OBS as Recommended as an Admin.

Besides of that can it be that you have a to low audio buffer or a falsely settet Audio device?

brurjdj

You might want to and should activate the GameMode in windows also start OBS as Recommended as an Admin.
im not sure why is that in the log, game mode was active in windows

Besides of that can it be that you have a to low audio buffer or a falsely settet Audio device?
what do you mean? im not experienced in this topic

-----------------------------------------------

also, i just tried to change the audio output to my headphones but just that is not the solution, audio is extremely saturated and sounds very bad. i also strictly need the headphones usage so unplug them is not viable.

Last edited:

silentsands

i don´t know how and or what your audio setup is. Hardware or Software allike. How ever you seem to use 48KHz Audio in OBS. Does your In/Out-put channels are supporting or/and 48KHz or just 44(.1) KHz Audio? Please check your Sound-systemsetup if all is setup correctly. This would mean in the simplest way to check any used device if 48KHz is used not 44KHz for the Output and Record.
audio.png

I know it is all german but in English or any other language those registers and fields should all be the same.
Check if in the Expand of each device Specially those you use the Input and Output KHz and Bits are the same.

After you checked and maybe changed it so all fits best together. Your chopiness should now hopefully be gone.

brurjdj

i don´t know how and or what your audio setup is. Hardware or Software allike. How ever you seem to use 48KHz Audio in OBS. Does your In/Out-put channels are supporting or/and 48KHz or just 44(.1) KHz Audio? Please check your Sound-systemsetup if all is setup correctly. This would mean in the simplest way to check any used device if 48KHz is used not 44KHz for the Output and Record. View attachment 62020
I know it is all german but in English or any other language those registers and fields should all be the same.
Check if in the Expand of each device Specially those you use the Input and Output KHz and Bits are the same.

After you checked and maybe changed it so all fits best together. Your chopiness should now hopefully be gone.
yes, there is where i looked it and its set to 48k for everything, every device and obs too. i used to have 44100 but didnt work, i still had choppiness.