i5-1035G1 chip for streaming only, 720p or 1080p in low light; QSV or x264?

chegele

My church is looking to purchase a cheap laptop for livestreaming Compline services with OBS. Outboard gear is a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and a Logitech Brio webcam. Even though the camera is 4K, we're looking to stream at 720p or 1080p max.

Our question is whether a laptop equipped with a i5-1035G1 processor would be sufficient for this purpose. We are also looking at a laptop with the older i5-8265U chipset, which boasts a higher base clock frequency, but still seems to score lower on CPU benchmarks online. Also, the newer chipset apparently has significantly better integrated graphics.

Our second question (related) has to do with the fact that we hope to stream a Compline evening service which takes place in low light. Given the low light, would it still be advisable to use QSV for encoding, or should we look at x264 encoding instead for better low light rendering? Would the i5-1035G1 chipset be powerful enough for x264 encoding at 720p or 1080p? Is QSV good enough on the new Whiskey Lake processors that we can take advantage of this feature without significant loss of quality?

Any advice or help that could be given would be appreciated. Thank you all so much.

Under the mercy,
Christian Hegele