I use regular settings for streaming on youtube with the bitrate at 10,000kbs but for some reason today it dropped to 326kbs - 4500kbs

helloboi

The stream was terrible after an hour of streaming I gave up and closed the stream. Then I spent an hour trying to get OBS to work properly but to no avail. I doubled, tripled checked everything on my network for anything. I don't have any torrents and my download speed for my internet is 1Gbs and upload is 47mbps so there should be no problem. Especially with my ethernet cord. Any ideas

also here is the Log file:

sandrix

Most likely, your ISP cannot provide a stable streaming speed. This may be caused by the distance to the destination server or other network problems.
1. Try to choose a backup RTMP server or HLS.
2. Check again that everything is in order in your network equipment, modem settings, software (antivirus, firewall).
3. Call the provider to contact technical support.

These are the commands you can enter on the command line to find out the ping and connection stability to the youtube server.
Enter in order:
Code:
tracert a.rtmps.youtube.com
pathping a.rtmps.youtube.com

Last edited:

PaiSand

As you're streaming to Youtube, try changing the protocol to HLS instead of rtmp.
In settings / Stream / Service select Show All and scroll down until you see Youtube - HLS (select it)
Test