Question / Help I Just Can't Get Started -

RevDaleD

Folks, I am literally the one-man band, at a small town church moving into the 21st c. I do apologize for my ignorance. I'm a 74 year old retired pastor, called out of retirement at the end of this past January to lead my flock in a small town in eastern Oklahoma County.
Hardware: PTZOptics 30 SDI camera. Dell G7 laptop (i7 processor, 16gb RAM, Windows 10 Pro).
  1. I am connected to the internet (Cox Cable 40 down / 10 up). The signal comes into the church and into a small box. From there, the output runs into a gigabit switch. I have connected my PTZOptics from the camera to the laptop via Cat5 ethernet cable.One of those ports runs 120 feet down the hallway to the sanctuary where it connects to a Netgear wireless router. I have connected my PTZOptics from the camera to the laptop via Cat5 ethernet cable to one of the ports on the router, and the laptop is also connected to one of the ports on the back of the same router.
  2. I am running the PTZOptics "Upgrade" software and can both see the image from the camera and manipulate the camera from the Upgrade App.
  3. I have connected my audio through a Behringer UM2 via XLR to XLR cable from an audio output on our sound board through the UM2 to the laptop via a USB cable.
  4. I DO NOT have any video capture hardware anywhere in the mix -- honestly, I can't find that I need one although one YouTube video indicated they were using one.
  5. I cannot / do not find the PTZ Optics camera on either OBS or vMix software. The ONLY video sources I find are LogiCapture (which does nothing for me) vMix Video, vMix Video External 2, vMix Video YV12, and vMix Video External 2 VY12. None of these connect me to my PTZOptics 30 SDI. On each of the four vMix options, I do get test bars.
  6. Oh, and I have run the Wizard to no avail -- neither OBS or vMix can find my camera. Boo Hiss.
Folks, again, I'm a complete newby with this part of the technology although I've worked and played in the IT world since I inherited a bouncing baby Honeywell DPS-6 mainframe in 1983. I just cannot connect the dots -- what am I missing?? it's got to be simple, I know that.
Praying one of you fine folks can help this pastor serve his flock.
Blessings
Dale
Harrah United Methodist Church
Harrah, OK
Logfile: https://obsproject.com/logs/qAsxxtXUVrygv6Yq

Dr Lou

Hello Rev Dale! I feel your pain...!

We're in a similar boat here - just putting in a PTZ Optics camera today, as we speak.

It is indeed simple. As a quick experiment, set up a new video source - uncheck all check boxes in it first..

Create an input which looks like this: rtsp://192.168.42.88:554/1 (obviously, adjust for your IP address)

Note the port '554' and the channel '1' - setting of your channel 1 are under your control, in software and via dial setting on camera.

RevDaleD

Hello Rev Dale! I feel your pain...!

We're in a similar boat here - just putting in a PTZ Optics camera today, as we speak.

It is indeed simple. As a quick experiment, set up a new video source - uncheck all check boxes in it first..

Create an input which looks like this: rtsp://192.168.42.88:554/1 (obviously, adjust for your IP address)

Note the port '554' and the channel '1' - setting of your channel 1 are under your control, in software and via dial setting on camera.
Thanks ever so much -- that got me pointed in the right direction. What nothing told me was that I needed to add a "MEDIA" input -- I kept trying to add a video source input. Silly me :) I tried to be logical :(
Thanks again, so very much