I have the workaround best solution for those like me that use Apple M1 processors, for this plugin not popping, and with stereo sound!

nunowonder

Hello everybody,
After some months of this frustrating problem about NDI plugin that receives audio distorting/ popping the right channel, let me give you the perfect solution, if you have an M1 processor machine.
On your receiving machine (in my case, Apple M1MAX 64gb), you have to have NDI Tools installed, and you have to open NDI VIRTUAL INPUT software. It will have to be running at the same time as OBS is running, because you will be injecting this NDI sound to OBS.
On your sending machine (in my case, Windows 10), you will have OBS configured in this way:

• Main Output, that will send video and audio (but this audio will be distorting on the receiving machine, so you will have to mute it on the receiving machine). The video is the best to be sent in Main Output, because it's the fastest, in milliseconds, way of sending video through NDI. If you use the plugin in the source, it will be slower, and maybe give you rendering lag problems.
  • Create an Audio Output Capture SOURCE, and choose one SPDIF audio output channels (I have an external audio interface for each computer, but still, in the Windows Machine, I have this SPDIF drivers, that will work perfectly).
  • On each Source with audio, for example, the audio game that you are capturing, or even a media source like music or something, you create an Audio Monitor, and choose to SEND the monitoring to that SPDIF driver. That way, every source you are capturing, will have an output, and in my case a Audio Monitor because I have it separated, to hear or not on that OBS, and a second Audio Monitor that will SEND that audio to the SPDIF.
  • On the Audio Output Capture SOURCE, on filters, insert the NDI OUTPUT -. AUDIO ONLY - plugin, and name it as you want, but make sure to use always the same name - you will understand why, next.
  • You should manage EVERY kind of capturing scenes, on Scene Collections, and not having multiple Scenes, because I discovered that multiple Scenes, even with the capturing turned off and separated by each scene, it will always be consuming and rendering lag will be an effective problem. I discovered this because when I started to have like 8 games or something, it started to become very laggy on the receiving computer, and after weeks of study I realized that I have to really separate each "scenario" of capturing (because I have specific capturing specs and audio sources for each kind of game, or software, I´m streaming) in Scene Collections, like you have multiple OBS setups, I think you understand.
  • On receiving computer, in NDI VIRTUAL INPUT, go to NDI, then on sources, you will see the sending computer, and the name of the AUDIO ONLY plugin you choose (and also the Main Output but if you choose this, it will be distorting). Because I told you to have multiple scene collections, if you have always the same name on this plugin, the NDI VIRTUAL INPUT will always "listen" to it without the need of changing.
  • On receiving computer, inside OBS, create an NDI5 capture to capture audio Monitor (so you will have a single source of NDI, it will help you not having too much CPU consumption), that will capture the video and audio, but this audio you will mute it, for output and also for monitoring.
  • Again on receiving computer, inside OBS, you will create another source of capture, but this time you won't capture in NDI plugin, you capture an Audio Input Capture, and select NDI AUDIO. Magically, you will receive the audio from the sending computer, without distortion whatsoever, stereo, with all the quality.