I don't see Nvidia H.264

Pcmaker

I have Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI X570 motheboard and Nvidia 2070 Super videocard, 16GB ram and 4TB Samsung EVO SSD.

Im playing around with OBS for the first time. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but in the Options menu, in Output, under Recording, I don't see the Nvidia H.264

This is what I see. I want to record the best quality possible and I recorded earlier and it didnt look so good using a variety of settings that currently available to me

Here's a screenshot:

QcSik2H.png

Pcmaker

So, I just choose Hardware (NVENC) and that's the same thing as h.264?

I tried that earlier and the quality of the video wasn't as good as I see on Youtube.

were491

yes, NVENC is h. 264. the video quality issue can probably be fixed from changing the video quality dropdown from "High" to "Indistinguishable".

if that didn't work, you should try recording then posting a log of your issue (there are many settings that affect video quality). guide

Pcmaker

I don't want to have to make a separate thread, but is it better to have another SSD just for OBS? I only have one HD and it's a 4TB one that has everything on it. The same HD that my PC is reading the game from, the very same HD that it's writing the OBS video file. Would this affect the quality of the video?

qhobbes

I don't think running OBS from a SSD is going to do anything except possibly open faster, but some users have reported fixing recording issues by having OBS save the recordings to a SSD. If the bitrate is higher than the write speed that could be an issue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯