I don’t hear any audio from my iOS device

Veesix

Hello, I’m new to OBS Studio. I’m having a problem with audio from my iPad. I have it currently connected as a video source. Do I also need to add it as an audio source to hear it? Thank you.

Veesix

Hello, I’m new to OBS Studio. I’m having a problem with audio from my iPad. I have it currently connected as a video source. Do I also need to add it as an audio source to hear it? Thank you.
Putting this back up to see if anyone has an idea on this. I’m guessing OBS doesn't support audio from iOS devices?

Veesix

Still looking for assistance on this. I see there's a thread from @dodgepong about desktop audio and iShowU but I don't think my issue is with desktop audio. That comes through fine. It's when I plug in my iPad that there's no sound coming from it.

In addition to the support forums here, I've also asked on Discord and Reddit with no responses. Please help!

Veesix

Is this a stupid question? Am I missing details? Is this thing on? Ha

For future reference for anyone with a similar problem, I did get it to work albeit in a roundabout way. I opened QuickTime and set it to record a new video. There are options to select both audio and video and I set both of those to my iPad. Using QT in conjunction with OBS allowed the audio to come through. Note that you don't have to actually record via QT. You just need to have it open.

I don't think this is ideal but in the end it works. I'm still hoping someone has a solution entirely within OBS. Thanks!