I cant hear the filters

RGOZ

hello, everything is working fine but I cant hear the effects of the filters. audio and filters working but I cant hear the filter effects to play with levels before steaming and recording.
filters are recording but I cant hear the effects through monitors or headphones.
any help please, cheers.

carlmmii

Monitoring does not include any filters or sync -- it is the raw audio of the source.

If you need to hear the effects of filters with OBS monitoring, then my recommendation would be to use a program called EqualizerAPO. This allows you to apply filters (including VST filers) to the device on the windows audio level before it is sent to any applications, meaning OBS monitoring would be feeding you the filtered audio from EqualizerAPO.

RGOZ

thank you for your reply. so i installed APO but i still cant hear filter through headphones. am i missing something?

carlmmii

You would apply the VST filter directly to the audio device using EqualizerAPO (set up using the configuration editor). Once you have the VST applied, you should be able to monitor it in OBS (no filters should be applied in OBS).