I cant hear anything when obs is open

Videobuff

For Windows (I don’t know enough about Apple), my main recommendation when it comes to audio is very simple….Ditch Bluetooth!!! It introduces too many audio complications and can, via messing with Windows default settings, significantly reduce audio quality. That’s been my experience and ever since ditching Bluetooth, audio quality has improved significantly and audio issues have reduced significantly. Additionally, and based on great user feedback on here, I’d also recommend doing all your audio processing externally to OBS and just feed it straight through unaltered.

mac.moonfire

Yes, I understand the part about ditching bluetooth and can tell there is a loss of quality.
I really don't want that cord, and don't care about the audio/video quality. And that is a personal preference tailered to specific needs of course.

My fix:
Because I'm unable to set Settings>Advanced>Monitoring device to my bluetooth headset, I connect a second pair of headphones. yup, I wear 2 sets on top of each other. one is set as a mic and the other is set as a monitoring device (sound).
Cheers

Jeckles

been having this issue and for some reason if I connect the USB dongle to a multiport USB 3.0 extension BT headset works fine, nothing weird happening however if the USB dongle is connected to any USB port on the PC itself I have this issue, or the audio is intermittently cutting out. This is a confusing problem.