I cannot get smooth recordings. I am brand new to recording (outside of PS4 built-in features). Please help!

Silly Doom Guy

I only want to record. I get extreme stuttering on output of videos. Not to mention poor quality but I am not very hopeful to improve that. Prove me wrong, please? I have done some searches to try and figure out good settings but ultimately used the wizard to see how it would work. I initially wanted to record @1080p60fps or even 1080p30fps. I have used the Auto-configuration wizard to determine settings. I am limited to a 2015 Macbook, a PS4, and an AverMedia GC513.

Laptop specs I assume are relevant:

- MacOS Montery v12.7.6
- 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
- 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
- AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching

Here is my previous log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/U3KK8XQ9g11jvuYH

Also when I open OBS the source preview is often vertically flipped. I would like for that not to happen but do not know the cause nor how to approach finding it.

Silly Doom Guy

Also worth noting: When recording with RECentral Express, video quality and smoothness is far better even when recording 1080p60fps. I wanted to learn OBS and in RECentral Express I cannot find options for CFR and such, other settings customizations that I can have on OBS.

Silly Doom Guy

Mostly solved. In case anyone else has this issue and new like me and reading this: I switched from x264 encoder to Apple VT Hardware Encoder. Recordings are now acceptably smooth, but still some micro-stutters. Native PS4 Recordings are smoother than laptop recordings with a capture card, even when matching resolution, framerate, and bitrate.