i can only stream at 60 frames per second. higher makes video skip

LTDan9822

having an issue with streaming. if i set my game up at 144htz unlimited frames the frames drop and i cannot stream. i messed with the program for a few hours and found that if i lower the htz in game to 60 and use vsynch the stream smooths out and i can broadcast. i would like to be able to stream while using my monitor to its fullest extent. any tips on how i can go about this?

qhobbes

If your monitor is 144 Hz, cap in your game frame limit to 144. Don't render frames you can't see.

qhobbes

That and

carlmmii

There's no stream/recording attempt in the logs, so we aren't seeing the actual issue present itself. Perform a stream/recording (if recording, make sure it's set to "use stream encoder"), then with OBS still open, upload the current log file.

However, one thing you can do is run OBS as Admin. This puts OBS on the GPU priority list, so if you're having rendering lag, this should help to alleviate it.

carlmmii

- Run OBS as admin (you have 50% lost frames to rendering lag -- this will help immensely)
- Change your x264 preset to slow or medium. As powerful as your CPU is, it cannot do slower.

LTDan9822

the frame loss issue is solved but the actual video is shuddering. its hard to explain. might try to keep it at 120 htz?

Attachments

• 2020-07-24 00-21-16.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 4

LTDan9822

Ok so I'm still having issues with the stream. Not dropping frames but I am experiencing some video issues. The maps and huds are flickering. Odd as it is

LTDan9822

Ok so if I set my frame rate limit to 60 in game it works fine. Is there a way to increase this? I'm obviously able to output double that

SoullessCanuck

ah ok so hate to break it to you but you will not be able to stream and play with over 60 fps.
if you want to do this you have 2 options.
1. get a second p.c. and a game capture card
2. get a rtx 20 series gpu i say this because in the rtx gpu's they have a dedicated hardware encoder meant specifically for streaming .

your issue lies in the gpu