Question / Help I am unable to get hotkeys to work

keybounce

I am unable to get hotkeys to work at all.

I first attempted to define start and stop recording as cmd-alt-R, expecting to use it as a toggle. That did not work.

My next attempt was cmd-alt-R for record, and cmd-alt-T for stop. Again, did not work.

Active program at the time is Minecraft.

keybounce

Nothing happened.
No response from OBS.

In particular, the "start recording" button stayed "start recording", and no recording file showed up in the output directory.

NateSnowstorm

I'm guessing there's another program using that key combo, or there's some issue with cmd based key combos. I mapped my start/stop recording to fn-F9, and it works perfectly. Maybe it's because the cmd key is reserved for system use, I don't know, but try using a different combination instead..

Palana

Developer
Does starting with the button and then stopping the recording via hotkey work? Also, which OSX version are you on?

keybounce

Os 10.9.5.

Start with button, and stop with hotkey? ...

Argh.

Did something update when I wasn't looking? It's working perfectly. I cannot replicate my "fail" cases before -- even with a command-sequence (cmd-alt-T) to toggle recording on/off.

Everything that failed before, is working now.

If I find it failing again, I'll see if I can provide more information about what else is running.

keybounce

Ok, this is annoying.

It's failing now. It was working earlier this afternoon. But I cannot get any hotkey to work now.