I am not technical and would like some help please

Hello,

I am a camgirl trying to stream through OBS. I've set my bitrate to be 5333, but my bitrate has been all over the place, usually between 400 and 2000.
This is my log before I disabled dynamic change bitrate
This is a log after I disabled dynamic change bitrate
This is a log after I made my output resolutions match ... After I did that, I got a 38% dropped frames 'Critical' error message
This is the log after I reenabled dynamic change bitrate
This is the log after I changed the server (still 1000-2000 a lot of the time).

Thank you if anyone could point me to a problem I can't see ... I have done some of the troubleshooting steps but not all.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91)
Latest OBS
download 85 mbps
upload 10 mbps
Using an ethernet cable
Just using my FaceTime camera and the built in mic

Am I missing something obvious here? I don't understand why OBS occasionally nosedives to the 400-2000 range.

edit: I believe the pdf "Loggiest_log" is of the second listed log (second from the top)

Attachments

• Loggiest_log.pdf
    40 KB · Views: 6

dgatwood

I assume you've tried the obvious things, like power-cycling your cable modem. The log looks to me like dynamic bitrate is still turned on. That might be a bug, or it might not actually change until you quit the app. No idea.

Windows8336

Before I switched to Windows I had a MacBook too. I would agree, I can't think of anything else at the moment. Let me know when you've tried so we can think about another opinion, but maybe its quite obvious and its easy to fix.

I assume you've tried the obvious things, like power-cycling your cable modem. The log looks to me like dynamic bitrate is still turned on. That might be a bug, or it might not actually change until you quit the app. No idea.
Oh, I see that in the second log after I thought I disabled it! Nice catch. I'll tinker around with that again. :)

Before I switched to Windows I had a MacBook too. I would agree, I can't think of anything else at the moment. Let me know when you've tried so we can think about another opinion, but maybe its quite obvious and its easy to fix.
Thank you for responding; it's helpful even just knowing you switched to Windows from Mac (I'm assuming for reasons related to OBS?). I've done the whole bootcamp Windows business, and I may try that again; I've also heard that some USB devices aren't picked up in those cases. Guess I will find out when I try that.