how to zoom out the preview please?

Tormy

how can I zoom out the preview screen in order to see all the handles of a video that's overflowing the screen limits?

Lawrence_SoCal

Not sure exactly, but instead I'd simply Right mouse click on Video Source > Edit Transform > Reset [or manually enter desired values if a Reset is still too large to easily work with]
my recollection is that a reset will fit the Source into the existing canvas

Tormy

Not sure exactly, but instead I'd simply Right mouse click on Video Source > Edit Transform > Reset [or manually enter desired values if a Reset is still too large to easily work with]
my recollection is that a reset will fit the Source into the existing canvas
yes but my goal is not to resize it to fit the screen, but to resize it as I whish, and in some case, it must remain overflowing but with different size

Tormy

what you want to do please explain it ?!

So, I have a source that's way bigger than the screen.
I have to reduce it but not to fit in it. I mean: not CTRL+F. Just easily resize it a bit with the mouse, and slightly re-adjust its position.
To do so, I'm wondering if there's the way to zoom out everything just to see all the handles of the overflowing source, and manage it with the mouse, instead of to play "dices" with the numbers with CTRL+E.
I mean like normally you do on Photoshop or Affinity or Gimp. Such way :-)

Lawrence_SoCal

IF source is off canvas, then I'm not sure about having to process it anyway (wasted effort)
Are you aware of the option (not sure on other OS, for Windows, it is using the ALT-key on the middle edges) to crop a source?
In my case, I would take a 4K video, and do a combination of crop and resize to get desired framing on the canvas. By cropping, the source edges are visible to me, no funky work-arounds required
I am not immediately imagining a scenario where one would want to do what you are asking (not saying it doesn't exist, just not coming to my mind)

- the manual edit transform I mentioned above would give direct access to placement and other details without using the mouse. whichever approach works for you

brickster554

I know this thread is a few months old, but this is for future readers...
To zoom out of the canvas do the following:
  1. Right click your preview.
  2. Go to Preview Scaling > Canvas
  3. Hold spacebar, and scroll with the mouse wheel.
  4. Done!
You can also move around the canvas by holding spacebar and click + dragging.

Tormy

4. Done!
The point 3 didn't work. Probably because I use a trackball and the wheel doesn't do the same as a normal mouse

smkbhd

4. Done!
Ah man, You dont know how much I searched for this, Thank you ✌