Question / Help How to use audio from Canon Camcorder

BigBen

Hello, I am trying to livestream an event where someone is speaking using a lapel microphone that is being transmitted to a receiver that is plugged into the mic input on a standard Canon camcorder. The camcorder is connected to the laptop via a CamLink 4k. I cannot seem to get the audio from the microphone to register on OBS. Is it possible to capture audio from an external mic that goes through the camera and into the laptop via the CamLink 4k?

Current log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/BQ5h4RJ12afMQSwW

Alex_Doss

Hello!

The CamLink 4K will need to be plugged into a USB 3.0 Port, then a HDMI cable will need to be used to connect the camera to the CamLink 4K.
Otherwise you will need to plug the receiver into the mic port on the laptop.

Hope this helped.

NaplesMusic

Hello!

The CamLink 4K will need to be plugged into a USB 3.0 Port, then a HDMI cable will need to be used to connect the camera to the CamLink 4K.
Otherwise you will need to plug the receiver into the mic port on the laptop.

Hope this helped.
So, the camera needs to be connected to the lap in 2 ways?

Alex_Doss

So, the camera needs to be connected to the lap in 2 ways?

I wouldn't say in two ways,
The camera is connected to the Cam Link 4K through a HDMI cable correct?
If so everything should be working fine, make sure the mic is selected in the camera options, check all connections to and from the Camera, make sure the Cam Link 4K is plugged into a USB 3.0 port (the blue ones on the computer).
Otherwise, it could be anything from the Cam Link 4K malfunctioning to the cable being broken or the camera not being compatible with the Cam Link 4K.