Question / Help How to upgrade OBS-MP portable Windows version?

Hi everyone,

So as much as I like NVENC, I decided to take the plunge and try OBS-MP out anyway. (I'm running windows 7). For a very small amount of time spent on settings with x264 I am already getting some impressive output from it, and think I might just stay with OBS-MP.

I chose the portable version because I figured it would be easy to copy a setup that works from one PC to another that way. However now that 0.12.1 has been released I am wondering how exactly to go about updating my 0.12.0 installation to 0.12.1. Are there any docs out there someone can point me towards, or is it just a matter of unzipping the new release's zip file on top of the prior version's running directory?

I am mainly wondering how to upgrade the portable version without overwriting files containing my existing settings, profiles, etc. Are they written to files/dirs that new releases won't have in the zip file or something? This probably seems like a silly question for folks who have been running OBS-MP for a while but I just started with it a few days ago and am still getting up to speed on it.

Thanks,
Tackmeister

EDIT: I think I may have answered my own question - there is no config/ directory in the .zip file. If the profiles and other settings are stored in config/ there shouldn't be a risk of overwriting existing configuration. Is this right?

Last edited:

AndehX

Good question actually. I too would like to know how to get my profiles and settings to save in the OBS program directory, rather than the "Roaming" directory.

achmetha

I just unpack and overwrite. Have not had any issues with scenes. You can always choose to backup the config folder prior if you're paranoid (like me).