Question / Help How to turn off mic?

grasshead

Hi. I'm new to this and this is my first post.
I have figured out how to stream using OBS using VLC, but when I do, my voice and other sounds are coming through on the stream. How do I fix this so this doesn't happen? Thanks for your help!

Narcogen

If you have set all audio devices in Settings > Audio to disabled, then you have an explicit audio source defined in one of your scenes. Delete it.

grasshead

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Can you explain what an explicit audio source is, please. Thanks!

If you have set all audio devices in Settings > Audio to disabled, then you have an explicit audio source defined in one of your scenes. Delete it.

Narcogen

Audio can be configured in Settings > Audio. Audio devices listed there occur in all scenes.

Audio sources can be added individually to scenes in the same way you add a desktop, window, game, or camera source to a scene, and from the same menu. These audio sources appear ONLY in the scenes you explicitly add them to, rather than all of them-- hence the term "explicit audio source".

grasshead

Thanks! I'll do some reading on this...

Audio can be configured in Settings > Audio. Audio devices listed there occur in all scenes.

Audio sources can be added individually to scenes in the same way you add a desktop, window, game, or camera source to a scene, and from the same menu. These audio sources appear ONLY in the scenes you explicitly add them to, rather than all of them-- hence the term "explicit audio source".

kator

Hi. I'm new to this and this is my first post.
I have figured out how to stream using OBS using VLC, but when I do, my voice and other sounds are coming through on the stream. How do I fix this so this doesn't happen? Thanks for your help!
I struggled with this too and figured out an easy fix. Just hover over the speaker symbol in the Mic/Aux volume line (in the Audio Mixer window) and click on it. The speaker symbol will turn red with an “X” next to it. The mic will no longer add your voice to the recorded video. Hope that helps!