Question / Help How to stream webcam to desktop?

Roy777

Is it possible to have a stream from webcam and then display the live video on the desktop with out any frames or window title etc'?
my intention is to have video shoots with a green screen and me talking and be seen with transparent background..
please advise.. how can it be done?

I am talking about something like this:

image.jpg

but I want to see myself on the desktop itself (the upmost window) live.
let's say it could be used to show a speaker on a projector screen while he gives a lecture and the content of the desktop is behind him. i've also seen a program that does exactly that but it's only for mac and I need a program for windows, the name of it is "Camtwist":
camtwist-bad-green-557x590.jpg

How can I achieve the same result on PC?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

ryoohki

you can add a LED Display,and pull the OBS windows to that LED Display,then you can control and monitor on it.

ryoohki

1、Sources -> add -> Video Capture Device -> Device (choose your webcam)
2、Right-click “Video Capture Device” -> Filters -> Effect Filters , Right-click -> Chroma Key

Last edited:

Roy777

Thanks.. the chroma key part I know but didn't understand what you said about the second display..

did you mean that if i'll use 2 displays i'll be able to see my camera on the other display which is not OBS?
I'll try to see what i can get... Thanks again.

ryoohki

I mean if you have only one Display , then you open OBS windows or other thing to monitor the Stream,the Screen will loop and loop

Roy777

got it! thanks a lot! what i missed is the part of setting a capture to a display (2) then monitoring it from 1 like you said.
Thanks again!

Roy777

ok, I was too happy before I tested so.. what I want to accomplish does not work for me.

the only way I get the screen and the webacm on the same page is by streaming (recording) the display and the webcam. but I do not wish to record the display nor the webcam, just to show the webcam on that display "clean" on the corner (after keying applied).

How can it be done? Thanks a lot!

ryoohki

Do you mean,only record the display or a program for windows , and just monitor webcam but not record it ?