How to stream to highbitrage nginx and nginx redirect to twitch.tv with normal bitrate

york

hi, i was wondering if this can be done, i will use a rmtp server on lan and use obs to stream to that server rmtp with high bitrate and amd vce for better quality and want to redirect that stream from nginx directly to twitch.tv or hitbox or both, you guys can help me with that? i will do a rtmp server on a linux mint bytheway.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
i want determinded specified bitrate from nginx to twitch.tv like, obs to rtmp lan server 10kbitrate/10kbuffer and nginx to twitch 2500/2500 can perform it?
guess he wants to offload encoding to a second pc without a capture card

york

yes i want to do this, to encode e high bitrate to pc1 to pc2 with nginx and them redirect to twitch, but my laptop cant handle more then 1500kbps with no stuttering any help to improve that number? =s

york

i already do it with a laptop with a i7 now, when i put obs to stream to nginx with bitrate 500kbps it works but with low quality when i put more than this it freezes too much, any idea?

Once hardware encoding is implemented in OBS MP you can do a very high bitrate stream to nginx and then use the ffmpeg recoding to recode to something Twitch will accept.

Or you could use the old OBS.

BUT this will only work if you have hardware encoding on your laptop:
- Your i7 is recent enough and your laptop has the i7's Integrated GPU available. Sometimes, laptops with a dedicated Radeon/Geforce "hide" Intel's iGPU and then Quick Sync isn't available.
- You have a recent enough Geforce.
- If you have a Radeon, there is a build of the old OBS where you can use AMD's Video Coding Engine for hardware encoding (but I've had issues with it).

In the end, and if your encoding pc is close enough AND your laptop has a HDMI out, you can try and get a USB based capture card like the Elgato Game Capture HD(60) and hook that up to your encoding pc to capture the HDMI out.

If you could post the exact model of your laptop that'd help.