How to stop recording and finish a video?

markm0705

Apologies in advance for a dumb question but this the first time I have run OBS. I've worked out how to record a video from a screen and pause the video. However, I can't seem to find the button that stops and finalize the recording as the stop button just goest to PAUSED?. If I exit that works but I'm sure I'm missing something obvious on ending a recording

3arwig

how did you manage to pause it ? It always stops just fine but having a way to pause it would be fantastic. Like when you need to go to the toilet during a 3 hour recording.

GeeMack

how did you manage to pause it ? It always stops just fine but having a way to pause it would be fantastic.

When you click the "Start Recording" button the words on the button change to "Stop Recording" and a little Pause button appears at the right end of that Start/Stop button. Looks like | |

Lawrence_SoCal

When you click the "Start Recording" button the words on the button change to "Stop Recording" and a little Pause button appears at the right end of that Start/Stop button. Looks like | |
on my Win10 OBS 25.0.8 (not in Studio Mode) my Start Recording/Stop Recording button doesn't change. Is this a Studio Mode view feature? Even when I turn Studio Mode, I'm not seeing this.
Please clarify? do you maybe have an add-on/plug-in that enabled the Pause feature?