Question / Help How to setup Game Capture on MAC

vocalist72

I don't see a option for Roblox game streaming. I have the Roblox app on my Macbook Air. I am new to OBS. On streamlabs there was a gaming capture. Please assist. Thanks

Hi, I'm running over the same issue. I using Mojave OS and Game Capture doesn't even display in the drop down menu. Have you found any solution?

Narcogen

Game Capture is a feature of OBS on Windows, not MacOS.

The roughly equivalent feature, SyphonInject, does not function properly in MacOS 10.14 and above.

vocalist72

Oh I see. What would you recommend to stream on Youtube. Display capture or windows capture is not working. All I keep seeing is the OBS screen when I use them.

vocalist72

So how do I get to see the game and OBS at the same time? So I make sure the game is capturing for streaming. I use to use Streamlabs on Windows prior to getting a Macbook Air

Narcogen

Yes. Two displays is a common use case for OBS, it's the only way to see OBS and what you're capturing simultaneously.

Otherwise you need to minimize OBS and control it only with hotkeys.

Narcogen

Press the Settings button. Choose the Hotkeys pane from the left hand side.

For each of the listed functions, choose a hotkey to assign by pressing the + icon on the right side of the window alongside the desired function.

Hotkeys can be assigned to starting, stopping, pausing recording, performing a transition, switching to a scene, showing and hiding sources like display capture, etc.

Googling for "obs configure hotkeys" turns up a number of guides and youtube videos.

vocalist72

I setup the hotkey "space bar" to stop and start stream. But it doe not activate when I press it. I have to still manually start it in OBS for it to work. What am I missing?

Narcogen

I don't know? I just tested myself, and space is a valid hotkey for use in OBS for start/stop streaming.

onehappylemon

if you are on mac open system preferences then go to privacy settings then click on screen sharing then click on OBS on the right then it should be checked that's it