How to set up OBS on a early 2015 Mac Pro.

JustPutL

Hello I am posting this message because I am in dire need of help. I am currently trying to set up my MacBook Pro to stream Switch games using OBS, while also using my monitor to play the game in real time. I have been trying to set this up on my own but just can't make sense of it. The biggest problems I am having is finding a way to get the video capture card to connect to my OBS. I have figured out how to set up a stream using my dual HDMI cable to connect my switch with the Y&H HDMI Video Capture Card HD 1080P. (This capture card has a USB output and a HDMI input, so the usb plugs into my mac) The problem is I can't use the HDMI to cord to connect to my monitor. I have tried using multiple cords to connect the USB with the capture card but this doesn't work. I guess the real question I am asking is do I need a cable with a USB end and a HDMI end to connect my switch with my capture card?

I apologize if this is a lot I am just very confused with my cord arrangement and feel like I am going crazy. Thank you to anyone if you can help!