Question / Help how to set up external capture card??

kzpl23

Well i just got the avermedia live gamer extreme how do you set it up? Since i will be gaming on a 144hz im not using the pass through. I just have the hdmi from my graphic card to the LGX and then the usb going from that to my laptop.

Now im running an obs instance on my pc and using the full projector preview and send the image to the capture card and it all works good but for some reason the image on my laptop obs is zoomed in like i can see the lines of the image.. seems like the resolution is not right.

On my pc obs the image is 1080p and clear and the card captures that but then on the laptop obs for some reason its super zoomed it and i have no idea how to change it. I just learned i also need to have the recentral running for the card to work even when using obs.

but while i mess around and try to figure this out maybe someone knows how to fix this, let me know please.

kzpl23

ok so i figured that out had to set it to custom and select 1080p, but now how do I get the audio? Do I need a separate cable to get audio to work on the laptop? I thought that hdmi carries the audio and should have the game audio and all i would need is my mic or it doesnt work like that?