How to pan audio from mono input?

crazyhorse

I'm recording audio from two sources (two people talking, one from each source), and for various reasons I want one source to be output to the left channel and the other to the right channel (so they sound like they're on opposite sides).

Previously I was using two microphones that output a stereo signal (both sides identical), and I was able to use the "pan" slider to set one all the way to left and the other all the way to right, and it worked great.

But I got a new microphone that shows up on my Mac and in OBS as mono, and the "pan" slider is grayed out. Which means I can no longer output it to one side.

So my question is, is there any way to achieve this? To pan a mono input into the stereo mix, or somehow convert the mono input into a stereo input (both sides identical) that can be panned?

If not, is there a way I could go about requesting this as a feature? After all, when the output is stereo and so the mono is necessarily getting converted to stereo anyways, I can't really think of any good reason why panning should be disabled.

(I know I can record multiple audio tracks and mix them later with another program, but I'm looking for a solution that works entirely within OBS, for streaming too.)

Thanks!