Question / Help How to get sound from mixer, into amp, into both streaming-pc and headphones?

Rubgud95

Hi! I’ve recently bought a Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer which allows me to separate spotify, chrome, discord over usb into their own channel. It’s truly amazing. However, there’s a couple of things I’m having a hard time figuring out. Well, first off, i’m a noob when it comes to this stuff, but I really want to understand it. So I would like to apologize in advance if I say something really stupid!

I would like to livestream with obs in the future, but that would be from a dedicated streaming machine. So first of all I will need to have my microphone separated from the master mix, so that I can talk to people on discord without sending everything else. I was thinking of just using one of the aux outputs on the mixer, as I can cut it out of the master mix. Like just buy a ¼ jack to mini jack for my mic input on the motherboard or dedicated soundcard? I don’t know how I feel about the 1/8 inputs, heard they introduce some noise? Maybe a noise-eliminator box would do the trick?

Furthermore, I feel like the output of the usb inputs are a bit low, so I would like to have them amplified. I was thinking just routing the output of the master mix (L/R XLRs) into my amp. I have a Magni 2 Uber headphone amp which I’ve used for the last year or so, and I love it. The input and output are both dual rca’s. However, it only has one output… Ideally I would like to have both an output for my headphones and one output that goes to the soundcard of the streaming-pc. I feel like i’m really thin ice at this point. How would I achieve this? I was thinking of splitting the rca output of the amp? I don’t even know if what I want is possible. Maybe I just need an amp with two outputs to avoid volume loss? Any help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

MikeMynis

Hi, I know it's been quite a while, but I just ran into your post. Were you able to figure things out?

I also bought a Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer and I want to use it with OBS too... And I'm a noob as you said you were. Perhaps you are a pro by now?

Anyway, I'm curious if you figured it out. And maybe I can ask you a question about what I want with this setup...

Thanks.
Mike