Question / Help How to get preview audio

Nodwik

I downloaded the newest version of OBS Studio due to it being able to record capture cards. However I am running in to an issue where I am not receiving any preview audeio from any record setting. Any help is greatly appretiated.

Attachments

• 2016-02-15-1343-36.log
    48.7 KB · Views: 496
Right click on your Capture Card Source, choose Properties, scroll down in the window until you find Audio Output Mode, then choose one of the options there.

Nodwik

There is only one problem the second I do that I lose my capture all together. Any help is appreciated

Novoguy

I downloaded the newest version of OBS Studio due to it being able to record capture cards. However I am running in to an issue where I am not receiving any preview audeio from any record setting. Any help is greatly appretiated.

Have the same problem - no local audio, but the streaming has sound. The Desktop Audio is always silent. To be more clear, I have several audio sources in my broadcasting, such as a background music (mp3 file), and everything comes only to the streaming but not to my local audio monitors. I have no idea why.

Last edited:

MicksysPCGaming

I think you need to set your capture card to output to desktop, then add desktop sound as an audio source.

But then you will be recording every sound on the encoding PC.

I believe audio monitoring is being worked on.

Try choosing a specific device in Settings, Audio, Desktop Audio Device and see if that helps. I have a capture card and this works for me without any complex config. I set my Desktop Audio Device to My Speakers on my streaming PC. On my capture card I set Audio Output to Capture Only - capture card audio only goes to my Steam/Recording. Change Audio Output to WaveOut, I can hear my audio on my streaming PC and can hear the audio in my Stream/Recording. One note you have to have your Desktop Audio enabled in your Stream/Recording, if you have it muted you won't hear the capture card audio. This is just the way it works currently.

If you are seeing something different then let us know and provide a log of your streaming session.

Novoguy

To Adrian:
I tried choosing a specific device, and it doesn't seem to matter which device is selected. No local sound at ll.
In my log (attached) I can see that both the "Desktop Audio" source and the WASAPI-device (speakers) have been destroyed/terminated, without any apparent reason.

Attachments

• 2016-02-20 16-01-04.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 215

formfactor

Hello, I am curious if you ever found a fix for this. I have the same problem with hdmi pcie cap card. The little green audio meter fluctuates indicating obss is getting audio but it doesn't output it. There are exactly 0 optiins for audio in the properties sheet for the hdmi cap card in obs. Its so frustrating, I wish there was just a checkbox to output to desktop like there was in obs.

njabulo

Here is the fix:
1. Go to general settings (bottom right)
2. Choose Audio (left main menu)
3. Change desktop audio to "speakers/headphones" do the same with monitoring device settings
4. save and exit
5. on the OBS screen click on small settings tab on the right (under audio mixer)
6. chose advanced settings
7. change "music" settings to "monitor and output) you should hear the music playing after that. Hope this helps.