How to get mic audio OUT of obs?

Paulmohr

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, someone can move it if it isn't sorry.

So basically what I want to do is use obs as a mic filter. As in I want to use the noise gate and all that but send the signal to another program in real time.

Specifically I want to use OBS to adjust and filter my mic and route that signal to Second Life while using voice in the game. I want to use the options in OBS to filter out background noise, eq my voice and use some compression so it sounds better. I am currently using RTX Voice, which works pretty well for background noise but the sound quality isn't that good. It kind of muddies up my voice a bit. I know its possible because I did it a few years ago but for the life of me I can't remember how I did it and I can't find the video that explained how to set it up. And it was some convoluted process using OBS, reaper and VBcable or something. I am pretty sure I don't need reaper and OBS should do what I need on its own. I just can't figure out how to configure it to output the mic and use OBS as an input for Second Life.

I will not be using OBS to stream or capture. I might use it at some point to capture ingame video but I am using shadow play at the moment and it works fairly well. OBS is what I used to use for screen capture though. It does offer more options for files and quality. Shadow play is pretty basic, but its easy.

So if anyone could explain how to do this, link me to a post that already does, or a video explaining it I would greatly appreciate it. I have spent the last few days searching and came up empty.

Or if there is a better program to do what I am trying to do I am open for that as well.

Thank you.