How To Fix Gameplay Echo Delay From Microphone? (Avermedia Live Gamer Portable 2 Plus)

Log posted above from current session.

This is a problem I started having since maybe June or July and the only way I've been able to figure out to to record things solo without echo is by using the audio monitoring feature being put to my desktop audio/output without the audio echo duplicating itself. First, I need to explain some background. I record things mostly on my own, but sometimes I have a relative or friend recording with me in the same room which means I want my sister to listen to the audio and I can't do that if I have a headset on. I usually record on consoles like Switch, Xbox One and PS4 with my sister so we usually listen to the audio coming from the monitor. I have an Avermedia Live Gamer Portable 2 Plus and a Blue Yeti Nano that I record audio with.

This is the problem I'm experiencing:

The voices from the game have a delayed echo from the actual output thanks to my Yeti Nano which causes the output from Video Capture Device 2 to record the audio fine, but the Yeti Nano receives a delayed feedback of the gameplay's voices which is really annoying and I want it to be as seamless as possible. First off, I work in a bit of a cramped space and don't have much room on the table to move my Yeti Nano especially when you have wires, controllers and consoles put onto the same desk as my desktop computer. I also have a single screen set up meaning I switch from my Display Port (My recording output) and my HDMI (My Console/Game Output) and have been doing this for years and I don't want to waste money on another monitor when this setup has worked perfectly since 2017.

Is there any way to fix this as easily as possible? I would just like to record things without having to mute my monitor and having to use the audio monitoring as my main source of outpu via my headphonest. It's really annoying when I record with a partner and have the audio be all jumbled and delayed.

Sorry if I didn't explain it well, I don't usually come on the forums unless there is a specific problem I couldn't find an answer to.

Attachments

• 2020-08-19 06-20-26.txt
    27.9 KB · Views: 13