Question / Help How to fix dark screen with weird colors (or lack of colors)?

oleic

Narcogen

Did you mean to have a chroma key filter on your desktop?

16:36:26.460: Loaded scenes:
16:36:26.460: - scene 'Scene':
16:36:26.460: - source: 'Display Capture' (display_capture)
16:36:26.460: - filter: 'Chroma Key' (chroma_key_filter)

oleic

Did you mean to have a chroma key filter on your desktop?

16:36:26.460: Loaded scenes:
16:36:26.460: - scene 'Scene':
16:36:26.460: - source: 'Display Capture' (display_capture)
16:36:26.460: - filter: 'Chroma Key' (chroma_key_filter)
To be honest, I have no clue. I dont recall manually setting this. Is this the issue? If so, how can I fix it?

Narcogen

Right click the Display Capture in the Source list. Choose "filters". Remove the Chroma filter, it may be affecting the colors depending on how it was set.

The rest of what's going on there is just the hall-of-mirrors effect you get with OBS capturing itself.

Narcogen

Don't know what to tell you. Log indicates there is a chroma key filter applied. So either that's the wrong log, or something else is wrong. Perhaps make a new blank scene collection and trying again, or testing to see if the same happens with a window capture, if that works?

Narcogen

The log still shows the chroma key filter on the desktop capture... no idea why.

Only other thing that seems amiss is this entry which I don't recall seeing before:

20:21:30.331: glClear failed, glGetError returned 0x506
20:21:30.331: device_clear (GL) failed
20:21:30.374: Freeing OBS context data

I wonder if this is a Mojave specific problem.

oleic

So I deleted the 2 window captures, and 1 display capture I made(so all sources). Then made a new scene, and deleted the old one. Now it works. I'm unsure what problem was in the original scene.