Question / Help How to configure obs for my mac?

leo134132441

I have a 13-inch MacBook pro from 2015 (2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB), and I recently downloaded obs to try and record a few browser games (just record, not interested in streaming atm), but I noticed that the videos were pretty choppy. I tried messing with the settings a bit to no avail. Any idea how I can remedy this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Log file

Narcogen

No. You need a complete session. Start recording, wait til your problem occurs, stop recording, then the log. That log has "recording starting" at the bottom and no further info.

Narcogen

22:26:49.509: Output 'simple_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 38 (5.2%)

Your GPU is overloaded. Lowering your canvas resolution might help.

leo134132441

I just did. It helped, thanks. There's still a bit of lag though. Is there anything else I can do?
Edit: Just to clarify, the canvas resolution is the one in the video settings, right?

Narcogen

There are settings for both canvas and scaled resolution in video. There's also a separate setting to scale just the streaming output, useful if you're both streaming and recording.

Reducing resolution, reducing framerate, and capping framerate in captured applications can all help reduce load.