How the heck does OBS work on a Mac?

st0rmrunner

I'm totally confused. I installed OBS on my Mac (Sonoma) yesterday and experimented with it. At one point, I created a scene to record my computer screen and use my iPhone's mic for audio. Today, I see an OBS icon in the menu bar but I can't bring back the OBS window to do other things. Also, if I restart my Mac, I still don't see the OBS window and now I get a screen on my iPhone that says, "Connected to MacBook Air - Pause/Disconnect". I can't seem to bring the OBS application back onto my desktop and right- or left-clicking it in the Menu bar doesn't do anything either. How the heck does this application work????

My initial thought is that you've projected the window to another monitor or device.
I would suggest you look in your activity monitor to see there are any OBS processes running. If there are then stop it and launch it again to see if the window would appear. Otherwise uninstall OBS from your system and reboot before installing again.
Seem like OBS is failing to launch properly so not loading your UI. Only install the pluggings needed.