How record 15 sec video.

leenaud

I'm very new to OBS and right now most of it's capabilities go way above my head. I've searched thru the forums but haven't found an answer. What I want to do is simple. (Except for me). I have some hvec 265 and 264 15 sec clips recorded by an ipcamera. I want to load the videos (one at the time) in VLC, full screen and then have OBS record the VLC screen only while the video is playing. I'm at this point not interested in sound. Right now when I try to do that the OBS app partially fills the screen. Any help will be appreciated.

koala

What do you want to achieve? It's not clear. Playing back a video file to record this playback to a new video file is redundant. You can simply play back the original files in the first place.
If you want to change the resolution, or change the encoder, or want to combine videos, or simply edit the video, use a video editor. OBS Studio isn't a video editor. OBS is a live production tool - it's meant to record live action into a stream or video file recording. It's not meant to play back video files and record them again.
A simple video editor comes with Windows 10 and is called "Video-Editor".

leenaud

A simple video editor won't recognize the hvec clips. And that's why I want to convert the clip to mp4 format so basically any video player knows how to handle it. Maybe you know a converter that will do that. VLC can only play the clip when I set the demuxer to h.265. It won't convert it.