Question / Help How much a video should weight? help with settings

WarNikolai

Hi,
Im trying to record a gameplay from PCSX2. I followed a youtube guide with these settings:
Video bitrate 5000
Audio bitrate 320
Format mp4
Fps 30
Video 1280x720

The result was pretty bad. The 25 min file weights 950 MB and the image is not as "sharp" as the gameplay, is pretty diffuse. Then I tried advanced and followed this guide and while the result improved a bit, 1:40 min video weights 290 MB...

Then I ask, is possible to obtain good quality videos in 1080 from about 20 min that weights 500 MB?

Might not have anything to do with this but I have episodes from a tv show in avi files and while their quality isnt perfect, they are pretty good and only weight 200 MB for 20 min. I suppose that if they weighted 500MB they would be perfect, am I wrong? Cannot it be the same here?

Thanks

Xphome

Might not have anything to do with this but I have episodes from a tv show in avi files and while their quality isnt perfect, they are pretty good and only weight 200 MB for 20 min. I suppose that if they weighted 500MB they would be perfect, am I wrong? Cannot it be the same here?

You can't compare encoding in real-time vs encoding when time doesn't matter as much.

WarNikolai

Well, thats the guide I linked...

You can't compare encoding in real-time vs encoding when time doesn't matter as much.

Im no expert, thats why ask. However, from your words I can get to the conclusion that I can re encode the video after i recorded it, with the exact same quality but reducing the size. Is it that true? Is it possible to get 1080 20 min videos for 500 MB? I see 1GB too much.

WarNikolai

But is true that the need encoding fast makes the video more big that what i could be? Is possible to re encode it with the same quality but losing weight?

Xphome

Im no expert, thats why ask. However, from your words I can get to the conclusion that I can re encode the video after i recorded it, with the exact same quality but reducing the size. Is it that true? Is it possible to get 1080 20 min videos for 500 MB? I see 1GB too much.

You can re-encode it afterwards and do heavier compression to reduce file size yes.