How do you adjust White Balance in OBS?

bluemojo

How do you adjust White Balance in OBS?

The Issue: No matter how much I adjust my lights (even if turned off), my face is always blown-out or overexposed on my webcam. I'm thinking maybe it's because my computer monitor is shining too much light on my face. So....I'm thinking maybe a white balance feature will help solve this, but I haven't been able to find this option in OBS. So I'm curious if it exists and if anyone knows how to access this feature. Thanks.

The Gear: Logitech Stream cam (1920 x 1080) -- OBS 27.1.3 -- IMac OS Monterey v12.1 -- Monitor LG HDR (3840 x 2160)

Lawrence_SoCal

If such a feature does exist, I haven't seen a discussion of it in last 22 months.
OBS composites what it gets. So I'd start with webcam driver. then look for an OBS plug-in maybe?
I know Logitech drivers on Windows OS side have adjustable exposure. Hopefully similar is true on MacOS side of things

TFE

For controlling Logitech webcams I use the fairly recent and free LogiTune software downloadable from their site. Works fine for me on an M1 Mac mini running Big Sur (11.6.4) and OBS 27.2.2. Previously (for years) I used the Mac OS App called Webcam Settings. It was okay, but the new LogiTune is much better. Better yet, get the Elgato Facecam. I use two, and their Camera Hub software is the best. Works fine (for the Facecams) along side LogiTune controlling the Logitech cams. I produce and host two, two-hour streams per week, using all three cams plus a fourth cam (iPhone 7) connected wirelessly with Iriun Webcam. Have done over 500 shows. No problems whatsoever. Today I tested a fifth cam, an iPhone 11, connected wirelessly using Video Ninja (vdo.ninja) with a browser connection. Superb!

Also, you can use OBS Color Correction or Sharpen filter on any of the above, if and as necessary.

Have not tried OBS on Monterey yet; waiting for the native M1 OBS to come out. Anyone else using the latest OBS on Monterey?

Last edited: