How do I use filters to simplify an image?

zarquan

I am using OBS in a weird way I think. I am doing presentations from a physical white board on Zoom. I prefer using a physical white board because there are some people in the room with me and I don't have a projector. Also, my handwriting on drawing tablets is terrible.

Unfortunately, my internet isn't great and Zoom's attempt to keep the frame rate up makes my board unreadable. To solve this, I am using OBS to preview the webcam and share the screen. This leads to a crystal clear image, but it has really bad frame rate and latency. Much worse than standard screen sharing of documents. My suspicion is that this is because the screen share is showing something much more complicated than a digital whiteboard or black text on a white background.

My thinking is that if I could simplify the image without losing quality in the writing would make this better. I have never used OBS or any other software like it before, so I know basically nothing about it.

Are there filters to make OBS simplify my images so that Zoom can get more frames without losing text quality?

I was thinking noise reduction and such, but I don't know how to do that here because I have never used image altering software more complicated than Paint.

I have an idea but I don't know how to implement it. Monochrome whiteboard. Since the whiteboard is ideally a monochrome surface, I see no reason why Zoom needs to know about minor variations within the board (other than where the marks are. Is it possible to say "If a color is close to X, make it X?" I could do the same to the walls surrounding it. It may look surreal, but I think it would be less laggy. Basically, an extreme form of noise reduction.